Australia’s coronavirus vaccine rollout started in late February. Right here we deliver collectively the newest figures to trace the progress of the rollout and Covid vaccination schedule.
The info reveals the overall doses given in Australia, folks vaccinated in Australian states and the proportion of the inhabitants who’ve obtained one dose or are double dose totally vaccinated, in addition to graphs exhibiting each day new Covid-19 instances in Australia, deaths per day and cumulative coronavirus instances by state and territory.
Covid-19 in Australia
… totally vaccinated
… first doses
… ranked in OECD
* See notes right here
* Lively instances contains each instances in lodge quarantine and locally-acquired instances. % totally vaccinated is utilizing the overall Australian inhabitants, % 16+ totally vaccinated is utilizing the inhabitants aged 16 and over. OECD rating is for % totally vaccinated.
Vaccine rollout: nationwide and state progress
One of many greatest logistical workout routines in Australia’s historical past, the supply of coronavirus vaccines to greater than 20 million folks has begun.
The federal government was initially hoping to have 4 million folks vaccinated by March and the complete nation inoculated by October. Since then, targets, targets and “horizons” have come and gone.
The latest goal from the federal government is in its Operation Covid Protect doc, which suggests vaccinating 80% of the inhabitants aged 16 and over ought to be attainable by December.
The federal authorities has additionally set double dose vaccination targets of 70% and 80% of the inhabitants aged 16 and over because the thresholds for section B and section C of its ‘Nationwide Plan to transition Australia’s Nationwide COVID-19 Response’ – primarily when it expects restrictions to ease, with lowered lockdowns and opening up of borders.
Right here, you possibly can see once we may have the ability to obtain these targets, primarily based on the present common price of vaccination, and assuming the present price continues for the remainder of the rollout.
That is clearly a quite simple estimate of the time it’d take, and can change because the vaccination price will increase or lower.
Right here you possibly can see present vaccination ranges and an estimate for when every state and territory will hit the 70% and 80% targets. The projection is predicated on the the typical of the previous week for the variety of first doses administered, then taking the latest interval between first and second doses administered in every jurisdiction, and including this to the date of the primary dose targets:
Listed here are the present vaccination charges for every state and territory, in addition to the estimated dates for the 70% and 80% targets, utilizing the identical methodology as above:
The subsequent chart reveals the velocity of vaccinations up to now 30 days for every state and territory, versus the nationwide price.
It’s exhibiting the variety of new vaccination doses administered per day, adjusted for inhabitants variations to be a price per 1,000 folks. Then, it has been smoothed utilizing a rolling 7-day common as a result of variations in reporting on weekends and information catch-ups within the nationwide reporting.
It makes it very clear how outbreaks result in massive will increase within the vaccination velocity, with significantly apparent will increase in NSW relative to the nationwide price:
The next chart reveals what number of doses have been administered per 100 folks in every jurisdiction, over the entire course of the rollout.
Word that on this chart the variety of vaccinations from the federal government-run components of the rollout – GP clinics and incapacity and aged care – are counted solely within the Australian whole. This makes the Australian price greater than the sum of the state charges, and is some extent of distinction to the chart above.
Vaccine rollout: maps of vaccination price by space
The federal authorities releases weekly information for vaccination charges by statistical space 4 (SA4) areas. By evaluating the charges from the primary report on 1 August with subsequent stories we are able to see the areas with the largest weekly share will increase in vaccination, and largest will increase for the reason that information was launched.
You should utilize the dropdown menu to modify between exhibiting the vaccination price for every space, and the proportion change in vaccination price for every space:
Right here, you possibly can see the identical info in a desk, which will be sorted by area identify, state or the change in vaccination share:
Vaccine rollout: Indigenous vaccination statistics
Guardian Australia has been monitoring the vaccination statistics for Indigenous Australians since August 2021. Whereas Indigenous Covid vaccination charges have risen quickly, there stays a big hole between First Nations folks and total vaccination charges in nearly each state and territory.
These charts have switched to utilizing Indigenous inhabitants information sourced from the Australian Immunisation Register as a substitute of ABS inhabitants estimates. This implies the chances for some states have modified considerably, reminiscent of in Victoria.
Right here, you possibly can see nationwide figures for the Indigenous vaccination price over time in contrast with the general vaccination price, and the distinction between the 2:
This chart reveals the newest rollout hole for every state and territory, with information up to date weekly:
Vaccine rollout: vaccine manufacturing and distribution
Among the cause for the differing vaccination charges is because of entry and use. The next two charts present the vaccine distribution and estimated utilization by states, territories, and first care (run by the commonwealth). This information is up to date weekly.
Vaccine dose utilization is estimated by the commonwealth authorities, primarily based on the overall doses administered and permits for a small quantity of wastage.
Vaccine rollout: worldwide comparability
Within the following two charts you possibly can see how Australia’s vaccine rollout compares with different nations, by way of doses administered per 100 folks.
This primary chart adjusts for the truth that nations began administering vaccines on totally different dates. It reveals how Australia compares to pick nations at equal factors of their vaccine rollouts.
Right here you possibly can see how those self same nations are doing throughout their total vaccine rollout, on a doses administered per 100 folks foundation. Some are already greater than midway to vaccinating their populations.
Not all nations publish information on totally vaccinated folks – those that have obtained two doses. Right here you possibly can see how Australia compares to OECD nations on the proportion of the inhabitants which might be totally vaccinated.
The place can I get vaccinated?
The vast majority of Australians aged 18 and over are actually eligible for a Covid vaccination if they’re prepared to think about the AstraZeneca vaccine, and offered they don’t have a historical past of some particular well being circumstances.
Along with the federal government’s official eligibility checker, which lists some clinics close to your location which could have vaccination appointments accessible, there are a selection of different useful sources that may make it easier to to search out someplace that has appointments open. You will discover our web page itemizing these sources right here.
Newest Australia Covid numbers and statistics
This chart reveals the “epidemic curve” for Australia, utilizing a seven-day rolling common of each day instances. It will present any progress in “flattening the curve” and the way efficient varied measures have been in suppressing the outbreak:
Right here, you possibly can see the variety of new deaths reported per day by the states and territories:
This chart reveals the cumulative whole of confirmed instances, with the contribution of every state and territory:
Updates 17 September 2021
- Updates to how Indigenous vaccination statistics are offered, now utilizing the 12+ inhabitants for each Indigenous and non-Indigenous
- We have now modified the best way we’re projecting second-dose targets, as outlined within the textual content above. We have now briefly eliminated the chart with state-by-state goal progress and can change it shortly with a brand new chart that makes use of the brand new methodology
Updates 11 September 2021
- Manufacturing and distribution part is again
- Eliminated hospitalisation share chart, this shall be changed shortly with a brand new chart that doesn’t use lively instances
- Mounted the instances pattern line to cease utilizing the newest day which often has incomplete information
Updates 6 September 2021
- Eliminated manufacturing and distribution part
- Added vaccination maps and tables for every space
- Re-added the desk of rollout projections
Updates 29 August 2021
- Added Indigenous vaccination statistics
- Added ‘The place can I get vaccinated’ part, changing ‘When can I get vaccinated’
Updates, 9 August 2021
- Retired the “hole monitoring” model of the rollout chart, and changed it with a brand new chart that tracks progress in the direction of the federal government’s newest targets of 70% and 80% of the 16+ inhabitants
- Modified the abstract field to take away the proportion of the inhabitants who’ve solely obtained a single dose, and added the proportion of the 16+ inhabitants who’re totally vaccinated to permit each worldwide comparisons and progress in the direction of the federal government’s targets to be clearer
- Eliminated the federal government’s projections of future vaccine availability as they’re not reasonable
- Added a brand new chart exhibiting the velocity of vaccination by state and territories
- As a result of unprecedented and ongoing nature of the coronavirus outbreak, this text is being repeatedly up to date to make sure that it displays the present state of affairs on the date of publication. Any important corrections made to this or earlier variations of the article shall be footnoted consistent with Guardian editorial coverage.
Supply & Picture rights : https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2021/oct/11/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-australia-vaccination-rate-progress-how-many-people-vaccinated-percent-tracker-australian-states-number-total-daily-live-data-stats-updates-news-schedule-tracking-chart-percentage-new-cases-today
Below Part 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “honest use” for functions reminiscent of criticism, remark, information reporting, instructing, scholarship, and analysis. Honest use is a use permitted by copyright statute which may in any other case be infringing.”