Australia’s coronavirus vaccine rollout started in late February. Right here we convey collectively the newest figures to trace the progress of the rollout and Covid vaccination schedule.
The information reveals the entire doses given in Australia, folks vaccinated in Australian states and the proportion of the inhabitants who’ve obtained one dose or are double dose totally vaccinated, in addition to graphs exhibiting every day new Covid-19 circumstances in Australia, deaths per day and cumulative coronavirus circumstances by state and territory.
Covid-19 in Australia
… totally vaccinated
… first doses
… ranked in OECD
* See notes right here
* Energetic circumstances contains each circumstances in lodge quarantine and locally-acquired circumstances. % totally vaccinated is utilizing the entire Australian inhabitants, % 16+ totally vaccinated is utilizing the inhabitants aged 16 and over. OECD rating is for % totally vaccinated.
Vaccine rollout: nationwide and state progress
One of many largest logistical workouts in Australia’s historical past, the supply of coronavirus vaccines to greater than 20 million folks has begun.
The federal government was initially hoping to have 4 million folks vaccinated by March and all the nation inoculated by October. Since then, objectives, targets and “horizons” have come and gone.
The latest goal from the federal government is in its Operation Covid Defend doc, which suggests vaccinating 80% of the inhabitants aged 16 and over must be potential by December.
The federal authorities has additionally set double dose vaccination targets of 70% and 80% of the inhabitants aged 16 and over because the thresholds for section B and section C of its ‘Nationwide Plan to transition Australia’s Nationwide COVID-19 Response’ – primarily when it expects restrictions to ease, with decreased lockdowns and opening up of borders.
Right here, you’ll be able to see after we would possibly be capable of obtain these targets, based mostly on the weekly common of first doses administered, then taking the latest interval between first and second doses, and including this to the date of the primary dose targets.
That is clearly a quite simple estimate of the time it would take, and can change because the vaccination fee will increase or lower.
Right here you’ll be able to see present vaccination ranges and an estimate for when every state and territory will hit the 70% and 80% targets, utilizing the identical methodology as above:
Listed here are the present vaccination charges for every state and territory, in addition to the estimated dates for the 70% and 80% targets, utilizing the identical methodology as above:
The following chart reveals the velocity of vaccinations up to now 30 days for every state and territory, versus the nationwide fee.
It’s exhibiting the variety of new vaccination doses administered per day, adjusted for inhabitants variations to be a fee per 1,000 folks. Then, it has been smoothed utilizing a rolling 7-day common as a consequence of variations in reporting on weekends and information catch-ups within the nationwide reporting.
Vaccine rollout: maps of vaccination fee by space
The federal authorities releases weekly information for vaccination charges by statistical space 4 (SA4) areas. By evaluating the charges from the primary report on 1 August with subsequent reviews we are able to see the areas with the largest weekly proportion will increase in vaccination, and largest will increase because the information was launched.
You need to use the dropdown menu to modify between exhibiting the vaccination fee for every space, and the proportion change in vaccination fee for every space:
Right here, you’ll be able to see the identical info in a desk, which could be sorted by area title, state or the change in vaccination proportion:
Vaccine rollout: Indigenous vaccination statistics
Guardian Australia has been monitoring the vaccination statistics for Indigenous Australians since August 2021. Whereas Indigenous Covid vaccination charges have risen quickly, there stays a big hole between First Nations folks and general vaccination charges in nearly each state and territory.
These charts have switched to utilizing Indigenous inhabitants information sourced from the Australian Immunisation Register as a substitute of ABS inhabitants estimates. This implies the odds for some states have modified considerably, corresponding to in Victoria.
Right here, you’ll be able to see nationwide figures for the Indigenous vaccination fee over time in contrast with the general vaccination fee, and the distinction between the 2:
This chart reveals the newest rollout hole for every state and territory, with information up to date weekly:
Vaccine rollout: vaccine manufacturing and distribution
A few of the purpose for the differing vaccination charges is because of entry and use. The next two charts present the vaccine distribution and estimated utilization by states, territories, and first care (run by the commonwealth). This information is up to date weekly.
Vaccine dose utilization is estimated by the commonwealth authorities, based mostly on the entire doses administered and permits for a small quantity of wastage.
Vaccine rollout: worldwide comparability
Within the following two charts you’ll be able to see how Australia’s vaccine rollout compares with different nations, when it comes to doses administered per 100 folks.
This primary chart adjusts for the truth that nations began administering vaccines on completely different dates. It reveals how Australia compares to pick out nations at equal factors of their vaccine rollouts.
Right here you’ll be able to see how those self same nations are doing throughout their total vaccine rollout, on a doses administered per 100 folks foundation. Some are already greater than midway to vaccinating their populations.
Not all nations publish information on totally vaccinated folks – those that have obtained two doses. Right here you’ll be able to see how Australia compares to OECD nations on the proportion of the inhabitants which can be totally vaccinated.
The place can I get vaccinated?
The vast majority of Australians aged 18 and over are actually eligible for a Covid vaccination if they’re prepared to contemplate the AstraZeneca vaccine, and supplied they don’t have a historical past of some particular well being circumstances.
Along with the federal government’s official eligibility checker, which lists some clinics close to your location which could have vaccination appointments out there, there are a variety of different useful assets that may enable you to to seek out someplace that has appointments open. Yow will discover our web page itemizing these assets right here.
Newest Australia Covid numbers and statistics
This chart reveals the “epidemic curve” for Australia, utilizing a seven-day rolling common of every day circumstances. It will present any progress in “flattening the curve” and the way efficient numerous measures have been in suppressing the outbreak:
Right here, you’ll be able to see the variety of new deaths reported per day by the states and territories:
This chart reveals the cumulative whole of confirmed circumstances, with the contribution of every state and territory:
Updates 15 October 2021
- Up to date principal rollout goal chart to make use of the primary dose + lag time projection methodology
- Mounted a problem with scrolling within the Guardian app
- Eliminated the doses per 100 folks by jurisdiction line chart because it’s much less helpful with so many doses being administered by way of GP and different clinics
Updates 17 September 2021
- Updates to how Indigenous vaccination statistics are offered, now utilizing the 12+ inhabitants for each Indigenous and non-Indigenous
- Now we have modified the best way we’re projecting second-dose targets, as outlined within the textual content above. Now we have quickly eliminated the chart with state-by-state goal progress and can change it shortly with a brand new chart that makes use of the brand new methodology
Updates 11 September 2021
- Manufacturing and distribution part is again
- Eliminated hospitalisation proportion chart, this might be changed shortly with a brand new chart that doesn’t use lively circumstances
- Mounted the circumstances pattern line to cease utilizing the newest day which often has incomplete information
Updates 6 September 2021
- Eliminated manufacturing and distribution part
- Added vaccination maps and tables for every space
- Re-added the desk of rollout projections
Updates 29 August 2021
- Added Indigenous vaccination statistics
- Added ‘The place can I get vaccinated’ part, changing ‘When can I get vaccinated’
Updates, 9 August 2021
- Retired the “hole monitoring” model of the rollout chart, and changed it with a brand new chart that tracks progress in direction of the federal government’s newest objectives of 70% and 80% of the 16+ inhabitants
- Modified the abstract field to take away the proportion of the inhabitants who’ve solely obtained a single dose, and added the proportion of the 16+ inhabitants who’re totally vaccinated to permit each worldwide comparisons and progress in direction of the federal government’s targets to be clearer
- Eliminated the federal government’s projections of future vaccine availability as they’re not life like
- Added a brand new chart exhibiting the velocity of vaccination by state and territories
- As a result of unprecedented and ongoing nature of the coronavirus outbreak, this text is being often up to date to make sure that it displays the present scenario on the date of publication. Any vital corrections made to this or earlier variations of the article might be footnoted consistent with Guardian editorial coverage.
Supply & Picture rights : https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2021/oct/18/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-australia-vaccination-rate-progress-how-many-people-vaccinated-percent-tracker-australian-states-number-total-daily-live-data-stats-updates-news-schedule-tracking-chart-percentage-new-cases-today
Beneath Part 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “honest use” for functions corresponding to criticism, remark, information reporting, instructing, scholarship, and analysis. Truthful use is a use permitted by copyright statute which may in any other case be infringing.”