2021 was a landmark yr for Paris-headquartered Consider.
The corporate famously floated on the Paris Euronext final summer time, the place it at the moment instructions a market cap valuation of over USD $1.7 billion.
2021 was additionally the yr wherein Consider introduced its intention to spend EUR €100 million a yr on buying music corporations in numerous fast-growing worldwide territories – a method that has lately seen it purchase stakes in labels within the Philippines and India, amongst different markets.
However what shouldn’t be discounted within the story of Consider’s memorable 2021 is its efficiency in its residence market of France, the place the corporate says it recorded a historic market share achievement.
In line with Consider’s calculations primarily based on Prime 200 annual chart information from market monitor SNEP (through the Official Charts firm), Consider completed 2021 as France’s No.2 greatest firm when it comes to annual distribution market share of frontline home artist albums.
There are a number of key caveats / reiterations behind this declare:
- Consider’s calculation is predicated solely on whole sales-equivalent quantity contained in SNEP’s Prime 200 annual albums chart, whose information was supplied by the Official Charts Firm. This chart solely comprises albums launched within the prior three years (i.e. not deep catalog information);
- When MBW says “Consider completed 2021 as France’s No.2…”, we imply simply that: To attain that No.2 market share place, Consider contains its distribution of two labels (Jo&Co and Play2) with whom it signed distribution agreements late final yr. Its calculations additionally embrace its distribution of different accomplice labels equivalent to 6&7 and Tôt ou tard;
- That is for home French artists solely, and doesn’t embrace worldwide repertoire.
Consider says that, on this foundation, it achieved the No.2 distribution market place in France for 2021 – behind solely Common Music Group – on each the streaming and the all-formats Prime 200 album chart.
Consider additionally calculates it had France’s biggest-selling act of the yr, Jul. (In line with estimated whole gross sales primarily based on SNEP’s 2021 Prime 200 Albums chart, combining streaming, bodily, and downloads.)
As well as, Consider distributed France’s most-streamed single and the No.1 music video of the yr on YouTube, with La Kiffance by French rapper Naps.
Some extra vital stats:
- Within the Prime 200 albums in France final yr (home and worldwide mixed, all codecs) Consider-distributed artists claimed 41 positions (a 20.5% chart share);
- By way of home artists solely – stripping out worldwide acts – for the streaming-only albums Prime 200, Consider claimed a 28% chart share;
- Home artists made up 86% of France’s Prime 200 streaming chart for 2021, claiming 168 positions.
In an announcement to media, Consider stated: “This efficiency underscores the significance and the impression of Consider’s technique, which is predicated round native acts, its distinctive improvement know-how within the digital world and its means to draw and develop artists on the highest stage.
“It additionally illustrates Consider’s means to turn into a frontrunner in one of many world’s largest markets with a mannequin that mixed natural progress with strategic partnerships.”
Romain Vivien, Normal Supervisor of Consider France, stated of the outcomes: “Our collaborations with high artists like Jul, Naps and DjaDja & Dinaz present that the brand new technology of artists embrace our digital-first mannequin, in addition to endorse our values of independence and transparency.
“These artists have renewed their religion in us for a few years, whereas entrusting us with our broadening remit, together with branding, merchandising and stay.
“The brand new technology of artists embrace our digital-first mannequin, in addition to endorse our values of independence and transparency.”
Romain Vivien, Consider
“It is usually some extent of huge pleasure for our groups to see artists equivalent to Landy and ZKR – who began out on our automated options platform TuneCore and have been then developed alongside our companions DJ Bellek from Morning Glory and 109 Data – rise excessive within the Prime 200.
“This illustrates their unrivalled experience in creating artists in a digital world, in addition to the relevance and suppleness of our options to fulfill their expectations.”
Added Vivien: “The alliance of our digital experience alongside the inventive assist of labels equivalent to 6&7 (Jérémie Frérot, Kimberose, Zazie) and Tôt ou Tard (Vianney, Shaka Ponk, Cats on Bushes, Noé Preszow) permits artists of all genres to develop their viewers in an more and more digital world.”
In line with IFPI information, France was the world’s fifth greatest recorded music market in 2020, producing simply over USD $1 billion in annual business turnover.Music Enterprise Worldwide
Picture Supply : www.musicbusinessworldwide.com – https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/believe-muscles-in-on-the-majors-with-landmark-performance-on-french-album-chart-in-2021/
Underneath Part 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “honest use” for functions equivalent to criticism, remark, information reporting, educating, scholarship, and analysis. Truthful use is a use permitted by copyright statute which may in any other case be infringing.”